The Alzheimer's Australia Dementia Research Grants are offered as a PhD scholarship to students undertaking a research PhD in an area relevant to an aspect of dementia. There are primary scholarships valued at $30,000 pa available.
To be eligible for grants the applicant must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia. Applicants who have been resident in Australia for at least two years and have evidence of eligibility and application for permanent residency may also be eligible.
- Be enrolled in a full-time research degree at an Australian university or show that they have made arrangements to undertake a full-time PhD in research at an Australian university.
- Have written agreement of a qualified supervisor and the support of an Australian University to carry out the proposed project
- The research proposal must relate to an aspect of dementia.
- Follow the guidelines of the university regarding paid work hours during their PhD
- Not hold another scholarship
For further information on these research grants please visit the following website: