In 2017, bursaries are available to support Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to gain access to opportunities that enhance their education in health disciplines. These bursaries are provided by a generous gift from UQ Alumnus, Dr Alan Lan Van Tran and his wife Mrs Minh Ha Tran.
Available to: Current Student
Level of study:
- Postgraduate Coursework
Citizenship: Australian and Permanent Residents or NZ citizens
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Financial Hardship
Awarded to Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students studying an undergraduate or postgraduate program administered by the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences.
- $7,800 (approximate, based on the last year of award)
- The number and value of the bursaries awarded will vary depending on the applications received.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be of Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- be enrolled as a domestic fulltime student in a an undergraduate or postgraduate program administered by the Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences;
- not hold another similar scholarship; and
- complete your application and submit by the due date.
The bursary/ies is/are awarded to the applicant/s showing greatest merit as demonstrated by:
- the strength and relevance of the applicant‘s funding request to their current academic studies;
- the applicant‘s academic achievement in their studies to date;
- the applicant‘s financial need; and
- any other matter that the panel considers relevant including the applicant‘s community involvement and leadership potential.