This scholarship was established by Swinburne alumna Kate Brown in memory of her late mother Violet Louise Bonner, this scholarship aims to support female postgraduate students to complete their studies in the sciences, particularly where their research aims to translate into innovative products or processes to assist the community.
Any postgraduate on campus or online degree in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a female Australian citizen, a New Zealand citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- have commenced a full time science, engineering or technology postgraduate on campus degree in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- provide undergraduate results and/or any postgraduate results.
- provide an academic reference from a person qualified to comment on academic studies, preferably a subject or course coordinator.
- provide evidence of financial hardship and/or personal hardship (documents such as a bank statement, salary slip, centerlink statement, and/or personal statement).
- provide evidence of community participation for: extra-curricular service to the community and leadership qualities (reference letter).
The scholarship is valued at $3000 for one year
How to apply
Applicants must complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Thursday, 31 January 2019.