Deakin recognises students with consistently high academic performance and the potential to make a leading contribution to the university and its communities. Unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship will automatically be considered for the Deakin International Scholarship.
- This scholarship is open to all students commencing studies at Deakin.
This scholarship is available for the normal duration of your course.
25% of your student contributions (tuition fees)
- be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University
- be eligible to study at Deakin University
- not have accepted any other Deakin scholarship or bursary
- have achieved a 65% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
All criteria must be met.
You are required to submit:
- a completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form
- a personal statement (300 words)
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.