Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher education in Australia. It will be for the purpose of gaining an educational or vocational qualification in any profession, trade or the arts.
Opening Date: 15 July 2018
Closing Date: 01 October 2018
- Year of Study: Future/First Year; 2nd year
- Citizenship: Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident
- Ethnicity: Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander
- Gender: Any
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships are open to anyone who…
- Is an Australian citizen of at least 16 up to 24 years of age at the time the Scholarships applications close (1 October each year);
- Is a permanent resident of Australia;
- Identifies as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex or Queer and because of this:
- Has personal or social circumstances which provide significant challenges to the person completing their education; or
- Has been marginalised due to sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression; and
- Is a serious, consistent student who has shown scholastic achievement during the student’s school years;
- Is able to demonstrate a commitment to completing Year 12 of the student’s secondary education, a tertiary degree or vocational training (as the case may be);
- Has achieved acceptable scholastic results given their background and circumstances; and Demonstrates pride in and dedication to the LGBT+ community.
For further information, please visit the Pinnacle Foundation website here
Please visit the Pinnacle Foundation website here.