Database reliability engineers focus on maintaining the many databases of Xero. We tackle the problems of big data scaling, performance and availability on a daily basis to ensure that we're providing an excellent user experience.
You'll get trained on the job, so don't worry if you're not a database or SQL whizz – if the work interests you, then you should apply!
You'll get to work on our AWS infrastructure, taking on the solutions to our big challenges including automation, tool selection and traffic monitoring.
As a Xero intern...
- You'll spend the summer learning new skills and experiencing what life is like in a bustling tech company.
- You'll start with a close-knit group of interns giving you instant connections around the business. We'll hook you up with a buddy and you'll work closely with your manager to plan your experience.
- We'll help you develop your technical skills and your people skills, so when it comes to the end of the internship, you'll have an idea of where you want your career to go.
Our application process:
- We'll need a copy of your CV, links to online projects, your website, GitHub/Stack Overflow, and anything else you want to show us.
- We'll also need a copy of your academic transcript – we know it won't be complete until the end of the year, so just send us everything so far.
- Instead of a cover letter, in your online application, we'll ask you to tell us a bit about yourself and you'll get to answer a few questions of your choice.
- You'll need to be a citizen or permanent resident to apply.
Applications close on 31 July 2020.
To find out more, and apply, check out our website